Izyware Platform offers numerous tools and modular apps for organizations. To maximize the effectiveness of these tools, it is important that these steps be followed in setting up a new organization:
- Creating a new "company portal" for the team
- Customize the workspaces and the groups for each team member
Creating a new "company portal" for the team
In order to use the core platform features (Toolbar, Collaboration, Information Buckets, ML, AI, ...) the users need to be able to enter a Portal space that presents them with tasks (Workspaces) that they can collaborate on (Groups). The first step in setting up a portal is creating the
for the portal.
User Creation Lifecycle
There are two workflows to creating new users:
- The first administrator user and first group will be created by an Izyware sales staff. This usually happens after a subscription plan has been setup.
- The first user can login into the dashboard and create a new user from the Settings > User & Groups app by adding to the first group/
For any user, at a minimum, a workspace and a group is needed and for most cases these are the settings workspace and the initial group that is tied to the company portal. Refer to "Permissions and Collaboration Features README" document for more details.
First Administrator User & Group Setup
Follow these steps to create the first user & group for a new customer:
- Login to the legacy admin account, and choose Accounts > Add > First User for Customer
- Select the email and a template for the user
- This will create the first user and group. The group will have the following members:
* first user
* the creator user will be added as a shadow member. They will be able to perform maintainance tasks.
Adding Standard Users
Once the first administrator user and group for the company have been setup, the administrator can add standard users to the group from the groups drilldown.
It is important to note that the standard user will be setup by cloning the account setup (metadata, shell, apps, etc.) of a
reference user. The system will search for a user in the group with useasreferencerole set to 1. If nothing is found, it will use the current session user provided that the current session is part of the group. The created user will always be demoted to a standard user meaning that its access to user management for the group will be disabled.
Refer to Single Sign-On (SSO) README for more information.
Maintainance using Shadow Members
To perform customer maintainance tasks, we recommend adding a shadow member to the company group. This memeber will not be visible to regular users (Admins, Standard, ...) and it will allow your staff to perform regular maintainance tasks on user accounts.
Adjusting User Settings
The legacy user management dashboard will allow you to adjust user settings and fine tune the package feature for granular UI customization. This is currently not available on the modern interfaces.
Migrating Existing Users Across Platform Versions and Shells
You can use the usermetadata table to specify the following for each user:
- component: shell to use, e.g. izyware.com/6/layout2:viewer, etc.
* V4 Shell
* V5 Shell
- platformversion: numeric version specifying the bootstrap version
- generateHtmlContentSection: whether to generate html content once the user is logged in.
Follow these steps
- Create the first company user and group, using the desired Template:
* 173: SDLC Automation Enterprise
* 156: SDLC Automation
- (automatic) Create a note to document workflows
- (automatic) Vault entry for user will create an information bucket for themselves to store their cloud, aws, git, etc. credentials.
- The user will be able to
* Invite team members to use the company portal by using the groups and users.
* Switch between sessions: See SSO Readme
* CLI From Vault: Ability to quickly spinup CLI environment using Vault entries