The IzyCloud tasks system is comprised of the following components:
- State Manager that can be accessed via standard SQL
- Task Manager dashboard app for creating, mangaing and monitoring tasks.
apps/tasks pacakge that can be consumed either as an API or direct pacakge that will allow programmatic access to the State manager.
- Task Runner components that can be created to process tasks.
Depending on your business requirements, you can create a task runner by either using the IzyCloud SDK or Creating an IzyCloud task module for standard IzyCloud registered runner nodes. The 2nd approach is recommended for non-technical customers since it does not involve any technical tasks and can be accomplished directly from the IzyCloud Enterprise dashboard.
Standard Registered Runner Nodes (SRRN)
Certain client applications and the older versions of the Izy Toolbar might be acccessed as SRRNs. The current marketing micro targeting and triggering framework uses SRRNs.
1. Create a new task in the IzyCloud Dashboard
Make sure to customize:
Also initially you should set state to blank. The task should be able to automatically calculate this value on the initial run.
Finally go ahead and queue up the task for running.
2. Clone thirdparty/gmail task
rsync -av --progress ./thirdparty/gmail/* . --exclude node_modules
Once all packages have been updated, you should update the
subfolder and point it to your local modules directories.
3. Customize the configurations
Custimize the following items:
- config path
- config module
4. Create the config by cloning configs/thirdparty/gmail
Customize the following values:
- taskrunnerid: should match the token you specified in the dashboard
- izywaretaskrunnerkeyid: 'youraccess_key' from the
- izywaretaskrunnersecretaccesskey: 'yoursecretkey'
- set the readonly and no loop mode in the config for initial development